Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back in Jamaica!!!

I have been back in my beloved Jamaica now for almost two weeks.  That is very difficult to believe, but true!  I left Rome and spent 3 lovely days with a great friend of mine and his lovely wife in Washington, DC.  They were recently married (May) and it was wonderful to spend some time with them.  They were terrific hosts and I am already looking forward to when I might be able to visit them again... hopefully, with a child in the house!

I made it back to Jamaica just in time for our school's graduation.  It was wonderfully prepared and went well as usual.  Several of our Jamaican teachers prepare all of our graduating students for this special day and they were all beaming as usual.  Two of the children from the Children's Home that Fr. Roland directs graduated this year (Romario and Sabrina).  Sabrina was one of the first children at Our Lady of Hope Children's Home.  She was so tiny the first time I saw her, and now she is 18 and graduated from high school.  Boy, time flies!

I recently made an acquisition of a new cell phone that allows me to take photos, so I can finally start to post a few pictures eventually.

Please keep one of my goddaughters in your prayers... her birthday is tomorrow (feast of St. Maria Goretti) and she is expecting a child any day now.  So, please keep the both of them in your prayers!

I hope to be going home for a few days this summer.  It will be great to see my family and spend some quality time with them.  I promise to try to be more faithful to my blogging this summer... at least with an occasional photo or two!

Please keep this poor brother in your prayers!  He needs them so much!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment