Friday, October 29, 2010

My God, why have you abandoned me?

Today being Friday, it is a tradition in the Passionist congregation to occasionally offer Mass on Fridays remembering some aspect of the Passion of Christ.  This is a very healthy tradition for all of us.  Today's gospel therefore was taken from the Passion according to Matthew, where we hear Jesus cry out, "My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?"  Therefore, below I give you a video of that hymn in Italian.  Even if you don't speak Italian, you can appreciate the music and St. Peter's Basilica from the outside.  It's one of my favourite Italian hymns!  They sing this every year on Palm Sunday.  That is my favourite Papal mass.
P.S.:  I am still writing this while sitting in my chair in a corridor... no Wi-Fi service in my room!!!


1 comment:

  1. No Wi-FI service ??? Your company must be related to Cable and Wireless !

    ReplyDelete